Saturday, March 13, 2010

What I have to show for a day like today

You know, for a day like this. Snowy.
I have some new pillows that I bought two days ago to help make our house look up to snuff. And...because I've wanted an excuse to buy new pillows for a while.
If you're wondering where I got such cute pillows the answer is Walmart. If you were wondering where I got such ugly pillows...well, then...don't tell me.
A set table.
The only thing I like about selling houses. Fresh flowers.

Homemade rolls with a special helper (hopefully the youtube video works). And yes, those are my actual rolls. I just about cried when they started rising and looking so plump. Recipe is Lion House. I watched a youtube video about how to roll them like that. Because I am just that cool.
Chocolate chip cookie dough brownies. I am easily influenced by the internet suggestions of other blogs. I admit it freely. (they are super easy by the way)
I'll just pretend like these don't exist.
But this is kinda cute. A plan to play in the snow aborted by wanting to help mommy cook.
And some sticky chicken in the oven. Recipe courtesy of that frozen site I told you about (aka I prepared it weeks ago and now it is cooking away in my oven. It smells like heaven).

And the last thing I have to show for today?

We are in the "top two choices" for house picks for the people who took their second walk through our house. So...all of this cooking and baking helped take my mind off the waiting to hear. I think there should be a proverb about a busy kitchen an empty mind. :)
See what I mean? That's a crazy stare if I ever saw one. But I posted it anyway. Because that's what I have to show for today. And I like to keep it real.

How about you?

4 comments:

  1. I hope you the family interested in your home can sense the love that is there and be drawn to that. We are praying for you and for the best to come to pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how white it is. I was sweating today while running errands.
    Lion House rolls are so worth all 106 steps and baking with Maddy would be too. Worth it, I mean.
    They make the brownie/cookie dough in a mix now. ;) Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines? One of them.
    Is sticky chicken really sticky?
    Love your crazy stare picture. I do those all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. with pictures and food like that I'd buy your house in a second! Although I think you'd have to stay...

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the pillows and all the yummy baking!

    ReplyDelete

v