Friday, March 26, 2010

Not Just Your Grandma's Party Idea Anymore

It's called Family Fun Fondue Night. It's not just a kick-back to the 70's anymore. It's a great time that involves chocolate. What more could you ask for?


Well, I guess you could ask for one of these cuties.



The next few pictures are awesome. This one is the beginning of the showdown over the last strawberry. Maddy is staring Daddy down. I kind of hear this song in the background.


Mad Maddy makes her move. A quick snatch.
Daddy is too slow for Mad Maddy McGee.


Enjoying her spoils.
Rubbing it in Daddy's face with that cheeky grin.
I shouldn't post such a glamour shot of myself, post shower in my grandma pajamas...but I was there too, enjoying the yumminess.

Did I mention Yum?


I just like this picture for some reason.

And the newest and hottest craze in fondue? Fake smores. Well...at least at this house. Get out your dusty fondue pot stat. Fun times ahead.


oh, and to update those that don't read facebook, John got a call to do a second interview with Amazon (well technically it's a subsidiary of Amazon, which is great as far as we're concerned) because that means it's not in Washington (their headquarters). It's in South Carolina. Maybe I already mentioned that? I can't remember. Either way, hopefully it goes well. Anybody know anything about Charleston?

Goodnight!

4 comments:

  1. Who could say no to a face like that?!

    Know another way to make fake s'mores? Grahams, marshmellow fluff and Nutella. Two words: awe some.

    Charleston, eh? Well besides being like eight states away (indeed, I checked)I bet it has some good sea food joints being right there by the Atlantic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that where Allison lives? And I don't think it is too far from us in Nashville either.

    What a fun family night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved your previous post about the kind of people you like. I try to be laid back about things and easy going, and if my son has devoted his entire day to driving me insane, it is SO SO SO hard to be the great mom I want to be. I feel like I'm barely holding it together with prayer, scripture study, and a little bit of teaching throughout the day. And fun together. Just barely holding it together, and that's without teaching a class yet. Only 24 days of getting to be a completely focused stay-at-home mom. That makes me nervous too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've inspired me! I shall take out my fondue pot! My girls would love that! I've even got strawberries!
    I love the showdown. And that's awesome about the 2nd interview. Good luck, John! Unless I'm already too late.

    ReplyDelete

v