Monday, March 22, 2010

Timing is Everything

First of all, thanks for the kind comments. I read every single one and they each made me feel so good and that you would support me no matter what I decide--which is pretty much why you all are the ones that were given the address to this blog--because you seem to love me-- foibles and all. And Tara, just for the record, you haven't offended me a moment in this life. You are awesome. You all are.

I know...that sounded almost like an Oscars acceptance speech. But I mean it. Thanks. I'll figure out what to do soon. I'm still mulling over my options.

That said, I have some pretty great news. We accepted an offer on our house! Now I should temper this announcement by saying that it is contingent on their selling their house (I think I mentioned that before), so it's not a complete home run, but we are getting what we wanted out of the house, and that is seriously a miracle. I could not call it anything less. We feel very blessed, and now are praying hard that their house sells! (Although they seem pretty confident, so we're hoping their confidence is well-placed). If all goes super incredibly according to plan, we are scheduled to close April 30th.

Do you want to hear something else crazy? Today, after we heard back their counter-offer, John also got a call and email about a job with Amazon on the east coast (namely South Carolina). They had contacted him about a job in Washington state, but we told them we were interested in moving back East. Well they contacted us about a job being open and set up a phone interview for tomorrow! I am not counting any chickens before they hatch...but seriously....Seriously...can we just talk about dreamy hypotheticals?? (Dare we mention them?) The idea that we may not have to go to an interim apartment, but instead move out of our house and into a new job just seems really too good to be true. So we won't talk about it. We won't even mention it....We'll pretend like it's not even an option. But still...it's nice to dream. Today has been such a great day for dreaming.

Lastly, my Mom helped me finish up a project we've been working on steadily over the last couple of days. She helped me to sew up a new duvet, some pillow cases, and some new curtains for Maddy's room (just because I found my dream fabric. I have a thing for duvets, what can I say?). She started a new etsy shop selling high quality fabric for great prices, and she gave me a really good deal. :) She also taught me a lot of sewing tricks that I've wanted to learn. So I will post pictures of our projects and post the link to her new etsy store. The stuff she has is really cute.

Okay, that's enough for tonight. Just had to update.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, how wonderful! Your home is so lovely, it isn't surprising that you have a valid offer so soon. And as for the job offer, that is such good news. I will definitely keep my fingers crossed--South Carolina is pretty close and very pretty--mountains and the beach, the best of both worlds. Can't wait to see your link to your mom's etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom is going to make a t-shirt quilt for my in-laws for their birthday and christmas present this year. I am so excitied!
    Congrats on the house and the other thing we aren't talking about. I think it's clear that you are following the spirit as everything falls into place like they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen! I am so excited for you guys, I pray all goes well with the job interview! and the house sells and things work out the way they are suppose to! I will have to come and take a peek at your new sewing fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn- I am so excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWSERS!--When it's time to go, just grab Maddy and your toothbrus--in that order!--and RUN!
    What's the link to your mom's etsy shop?

    love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Much to talk about... too much to put it all here... can't wait for tomorrow! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so great! I'm really happy for you and hope that it all works out. Call me when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YEA!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! All premature, of course, but let's just jump for joy for a little bit, k? I'm sorry this blog has caused all these problems for you. I like to spy with facebook, but I actually rarely post anything :) It's a definite guilty pleasure :) I understand about the blog too, you have SO many people read...I think only like 2 people read mine, so it's still pretty private :) Good luck with all! Did you get the 2 feet of snow we just got? Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have taken a blogger vacation- and just had to spend 20 minutes catching up! YAY about the job and house prospects! that is fabulous. woo hooo

    I am also sorry about the dumb FB thing. I TOTALLY hate all the misinterpreted drama typing can cause- sometimes its just best to chat on the phone or in person. I have taken my own FB measures I will have to tell you about tonight. YAY.
    Loves!

    ReplyDelete

v