Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Random Wednesday

Some random tidbits. You know I love those.

First, I love to share about music that I find and love. Mostly because I don't listen to the radio, so I have to hear about music in round about ways. If you like a bit of a jazz/acoustic/bluesy music, you just might like Melody Gardot too. She's like a melancholy female version of Harry Connick Jr. (I mean look at that picture of her...doesn't she look moody? I love it). But she is a bit more modern than Harry. Which is a good thing.

Okay, what else? The people that walked through our house twice asked to walk through our house a third time. It is great that they are still interested. And I should be grateful. But as I joked to my Mom, after all of this cleaning for them, if they don't buy the house, I want to charge them for clorox wipes. And anxiety. After their third visit yesterday their realtor says they seem to be leaning towards our house, but are not in a rush. Okey dokey.

Next. My Mom is in town and it makes me so happy. She was in Colorado helping my Grandma pack some things. She took a bit of a break (because of this) and came to visit us. What are the chances that the only road between Denver and Grand Junction would be closed because of that? Anyway, I have been trying to pamper her like my Aunt Venita suggested, but not just because of the suggestion, but also because I am an upstanding citizen and incredible daughter. This morning I made her a fabulous breakfast that included sausage, which instantly made it fancy. Not to mention fruit. That's pretty much several food groups in one meal. I was impressed too. But I do it all because Moms deserve a little TLC. I should know. I am one. :) It's so great to have her around. Kelly and I are trying to be good about sharing her. So far so good.

Nextly, if you have an ipod touch or iphone, maybe you don't know that there is an app for kindle that you can put on your device for free that allows you to read books (which are usually cheaper than their paper counterparts). It's nifty, and I read books on John's little gadget all of the time.


Lastly, does anyone know where I can get wholesale flowers in the state of Utah for cheap? I'm in charge of the meeting formerly known as Enrichment and I want to recreate these, and I know that daffodils can sometimes be had for cheap. I am just out of my element to know where. Maybe you locals know?

2 comments:

  1. Am I too late on the flowers? Red Mountain wholesale florists in Provo (my husband used to work for them when we were students) would probably give you a good price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I'm digging it (melody). She has a cool sound. I'm listening to her right now.

    I want to respond to all your posts but I'm too lazy :) I'm just so excited for you and all your changes. Isn't it interesting how things work out? You little...

    ReplyDelete

v