Tuesday, April 6, 2010

What the What?

I think John should take over this blog. His posts crack me up every time I read them. So that's why he's been posting more lately, because I enjoy a good crack up. (and I hate resizing the pictures to be 110% honest).

Anywho, things around here are quiet. A little too quiet if you get my drift. And by drift I mean that I would like our house to be sold (aka I want our buyers to sell their house) and I would like the company to finish setting up the details to do John's face-to-face interview and get back to him the details (no word yet on when or how or who or what or any other interrogatives), and I would also like to stop thinking about it like a crazy person, and lastly, I would like to forever and always refer to Maddy's stuffed animal by the full title of "Chris the build-a-cat" because it's funny. (also, why in the world does build-a-bear cost so much money? Does stuffing the animal in person make it that much more expensive than people stuffing it in China? What the what?) And you were sitting there wondering where the title of this blog post came into play. There ya go.
and yes, Maddy named the build-a-cat Chris all by herself. It was very random, as we do not know anyone that I can recall that is named Chris. So...yeah. I laugh everytime she calls her Chris. She fits right into our weird family. Maddy I mean. I guess the cat does too.

No but seriously, everything is hunky dory. We had a great day today actually. I define great day by me getting stuff cleaned and done, Maddy behaving in a generally acceptable manner, making real food for meals, laughing heartily at something, putting Maddy in time-out when she doesn't behave acceptably and her accepting her fate, nap-taking, and clean counters. Mostly it's the clean counters, let's be honest.
and yes, this is an actual photo of me. thanks for asking. well okay...technically it isn't. the stainless steel appliances gave it away didn't they?

I'll keep you updated on stuff. The latest thing job-wise today was that John had another recruiter call him, this time from Connecticut wanting to see if we would consider relocating there. Apparently the pay-rate for a job there (that would also require him to occasionally to travel into NYC and Jersey) is between $120,000-$160,000 a year. John's little ear's perked up when he heard that. But I put a damper on his spirits by pointing out that houses cost a gajillion dollars out there and he would be in terrible traffic for a gajillion hours. I don't really know if that's one hundred percent true...maybe there are towns nearby that aren't too expensive, but I'm kinda doubting it. So...we're kinda on the fence about that. What thinks you?

Okay, too many words. what the what, i need some wordiness restraint. Goodnight!

8 comments:

  1. oooh, connecticut sounds fun! Although it's a little hard to spell (especially compared to UTAH). I'm sure it's not that big of a pay raise when you factor in cost of living...but you guys live within your means so I'm sure you'll be fine. Don't they have better public transportation there too? Give it a shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New England is charming (I hear), but I would SO hold out for the South Carolina coast!! What can I say, I'm a beach girl 100%. Either one is easy enough for me to travel to and visit you though :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cambree calls her build-a-bear dog "Build-a-Bear" even though she named it Sparkles. I guess that name sticks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What part of CT? My sister says starter homes in her area start at $400,000! Can you believe it?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about the full title-bit. Maybe it's the Japanese missionary in me but I love titles. Raytinki the cat, Hot-Dan, Master Teagan--I think you get my drift! So hooray for chris the build-a-cat. I wish my cat would poop a bit less and build a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is Chris a boy or a girl cat? That is the most facinating part of the naming process for me, is watching London decide which stuffed animal is male or female. How do they know?

    Holy Cow Connecticut! That is where I want to live someday. Well, for three or four months out of the year. I really can't do cold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. New England is the best! I love it! We could have weekend parties where I visit you in CT and then you some to NYC! We'll have so much fun, fun fun! Come, come, come!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Regarding the cost of living/pay ratio...

    Before we moved to the bay area we did a lot of calculations. Sure our rent is DOUBLE our mortgage was, but Kurt's take home pay was MORE THAN DOUBLE what he made in Utah. For us, financially it was way better than staying in Utah...even though we're looking at $500k houses. :)

    ReplyDelete

v