Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Life in Numbered Form

Just here for a quick post. A few things have been happening lately.

First of all our realtor told us this morning that our buyers got an offer on their house. Still no word on whether they took it and are under contract, but I imagine that they are probably haggling on the price. So we're waiting to hear back on that.

Second, John got a call today from a company called Booz Allen Hamilton. I am fairly certain this is a company that a good friend of my family works for--and he was gracious enough to walk John's resume in for us. (I'm pretty sure it's the same company. If not, then we found it because I made John apply to every "Top 100 Companies to Work For" that CNN posted, and Booz Allen Hamilton is one of those companies). Either way, they called, and they are flying him out to Maryland for an interview! I am beyond thrilled, and John is also excited but I think I a little nervous, because they are renting him a car and he hates driving in places that he isn't familiar with. I can't say that I blame him, but I'm sure he'll do great! I'm just amazed that they are flying him out without a real phone interview. I'm really really proud of John and we feel really blessed by the interest he has been getting lately. Honestly we do.

Thirdly, his interview on Tuesday went pretty well we think. We're still waiting to hear back about that one. It's located in Georgia.

Fourth, Amazon is looking into flying John from his Maryland interview to their offices in South Carolina for that interview. Did I mention we feel blessed? Please keep your fingers crossed that this will work out because John really really wants that job. :) Me? Well I like just about any job.

Fifth, well the weather was gorgeous outside today and it made me so happy. Of course having over a couple of friends to chat and eat lunch on the deck might have helped. Summer, you are welcome here.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice. You are blessed and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and all those exciting things that might happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, I hope you guys get all you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on everything! I Hope it works out!! Good Luck John!

    ReplyDelete
  4. John, just opt for the GPS when you get the rental...it's about $12/day, but SO worth it!

    ReplyDelete

v