Sunday, April 11, 2010

Random Ephemera


I had to read my last blog post to know what was last happening when I wrote. So let me update from last time. We decided that Connecticut was a lame idea (sorry to all you Connecticut lovers) because it's just too expensive and John would be commuting all of the time. No thanks. :)

Amazon contacted John again and said they would schedule his interview in 2-3 weeks as they are in the middle of their annual review. He also got a call from a company in Alpharetta Georgia who did a mini-interview on the phone and scheduled a technical interview for Tuesday. So that's the latest on that front. (that and we've shown the house a few more times)

What else is there to report? Well we ate Easter dinner at my sisters, and it was fun and delicious. We walked around the Gateway Mall (John works around there so he came during his lunch) and we had lunch, checked out the new Ipad (no surprise, John wants one!), and bought a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory apple pie caramel apple. Yum. Some days the simple pleasures are the best.

I've also cleaned the house several times, scrubbed my dining room chairs (because I'm too cheap to recover them), made some curry, taken a nap, read some books, tickled my toddler, ate too many jellybeans, bought some cute tiny glasses from the thrift store, and all of the other usual stuff.

It's funny--it doesn't sound all that busy, and yet I know that I've been busy. I think mostly because my mind is constantly on everyday things I have to do and then being preoccupied with the future. Patience...why does it have to be a virtue??

Oh, and before I forget, my Mom posted picture of Maddy's bedding. I've been too lazy and busy to take some myself. Check them out! And if you love the fabric as much as I did you can buy it for cheap on her etsy store or you can buy one of her cute projects she's doing with the fabric (think skirts, baby blankets, and pillows!--although she hasn't posted those yet because her husband is out of town with her camera--but they are coming soon!) I told her I'll probably be her biggest customer. So cute! In the next house I have big plans on how to put Maddy's room together into a sort of Mary Poppins-ish room without looking themey (hint, I've already bought some of these doll sized umbrellas in different colors).

It's pretty much going to be awesome. Thanks again Mom!


We didn't actually make the bedskirt out of this fabric because we didn't have time, but it would have looked cute!

My Mom made these curtains out of a sheet (from Walmart), the fabric, and giant ric rac! She's going to sell the ric rac on her etsy shop as well. Isn't it cute?? I want to put it everywhere now!

She showed me how to make the pillowcases as well. I love the fabric on the left--it looks like the tops of open umbrellas in person. So cute!

The colors in these photos are off because we had to take them with the window closed. But this still gives you an idea of the cuteness at least.
My favorite is of course the umbrella fabric itself. I can't wait to see the skirts and baby quilts my mom is going to make using the fabrics. She's got really reasonable prices for the quality of her work and the incredible quality of fabric. I'll let you know when she updates her shop with the goods! (oh and my other favorite part--the duvet cover has ric rac edging, can you see it in this picture? It's small, but it's there and it is such a sweet little detail. I love it! Also, my Mom made this to fit the ikea twin size duvet cover, which if you've ever bought one, you know they are not standard american twin size. I am trying to convince her that she should make custom ikea duvet covers because their patterns are sometimes boring and not high quality at all). Don't you think that's a great idea? Let me know what you think.

okay, that's enough of that. Hopefully next time I post I'll have some sort of exciting news. I like exciting news. :)

6 comments:

  1. You always have exciting news...or you make it sound exciting. ;)
    LOVE Maddy's new bedroom! You have too much fun decorating her room.
    Good luck with all the job and house stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn
    The bedding is so darling! I might be making Natalie some because to her she has a hideous bed and it's not cute like Addy's, Aww 5 year old's are rather dramatic.
    Love the Tulips!!!
    Your a wonderful friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOO cute! Now I just need a little girl's room to do....I don't think my hubby would let me use it in ours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That room is practically perfect in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it! That is so cute! Think I need to stop by and see it in person... :)

    ReplyDelete

v