Friday, April 30, 2010

A Post About Mr. John Savage (and the awesomeness thereof)


We got some pretty fantastic news today. Wanna hear? John, who got back from his interview with Amazon yesterday, was made an job offer by Amazon today!

Well okay, they called saying they are putting the official offer together, but to let him know that they do indeed want to hire him! So we are technically still waiting for the official info to come via email (you better believe you can't pry John away from his inbox right now), but the good news is that they said it will be here later today! I am really keeping my fingers crossed for an excellent offer. I think it will be, but you know. ;)

John is beyond thrilled. He said the in person interview with them was pretty hard, and he wasn't sure how he had done. I didn't really take much stock in his nervousness though because he is very self-effacing, and doesn't really seem to realize how smart and awesome he is. Luckily I happen to know both very well (hello, why do you think I married him? I have a good eye, that's why!)

So although there is a possibility that they could send a terribly lackluster offer and we can't take it, I kinda doubt it. And although we may still get an offer from Booz Allen Hamilton, John is so in love with this job and what he would be doing, I doubt anything would sway him (except for a bad offer). We already know that they are willing to give us relocation assistance (not sure how much, hoping for the full pack! A girl can dream...) and a signing bonus. I thought only basketball players got those, so I'm pretty stoked.

Okay, I'm sorry for the braggy nature of this post. I'm just so excited and SO proud of John. This past week was hard on us both, but he did it and I am so happy that people are able to see how amazing he is. Good job sweets!

Start making your reservations to visit us in Charleston now. You know we'll only be a few minutes from the beach right?? :)

5 comments:

  1. That's REALLY awesome!! Everything is coming together after all that waiting. Congrats, John!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn your not bragging at all, your super excited and you have every right to be!!! I am happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is pretty awesome news!! Wow - 3 out of 4 kids back on the east coast.....makes a mother smile :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Well, when something is meant to be, it will be. Good job John!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Holy crapola. A-M-A-Z-O-N. So cool. I'm so proud :)

    ReplyDelete

v