Friday, May 14, 2010

To and Fro


Let me tell you, I can tell that I'm pregnant. I'm still not very far along, but even when I was pregnant with Maddy I was getting sick before I could even take the pregnancy test. With this pregnancy I have momentary bouts of nauseousness but mostly I feel dead tired. I feel so completely unmotivated to do anything. Basic chores are major accomplishments. I am SO glad I don't have to pack our house. At this point I think I would be curled into fetal position sucking my thumb and crying if I had to pack and arrange our whole move.

So I'm not sure if I've mentioned on this blog, but our final day in our house is the 19th. That's this coming Wednesday. That night we will be sleeping in an airport hotel and then flying out the morning of the 20th. We don't get into Charleston (after two transfers, ugh) until 8:00 eastern time. I'm not looking forward to that long of a trip with a rambunctious almost 3 year old, but it's loads better than driving across country for days on end with said 3 year old. I've bought a few new toys and activity books and snacks for Maddy to do on the plane. We'll also have some movies to watch on John's Ipad. Any other suggestions from moms who have flown with kids this age?

Let me see, what else is there to tell? We sold our second car. I've sold a bunch of things on craigslist. The moving company came and did the survey to know how much stuff they would need to move. Our van is scheduled for shipping. We're sending in final paperwork for the temporary apartment today. Our house has been inspected and appraised and found to be in good order (although we did have to fix a few things). I've spoken with a realtor in South Carolina several times and she has started sending me possibilities (looks like there are some good options!) John makes fun of me because when we were considering where to move based on housing prices, I told him there was one easy way to know if it was an area worth considering. I made him google to see if there were any Targets nearby. There are two. :) He teases me about that, but after living in Tooele--so far away from any kind of shopping at all, I really am looking forward to living close to something other than a Walmart and Denny's. :) I know, I'm such a snob.

Lastly, in this mundane and boring post, we took Maddy bowling for the first time yesterday. John has been feeling a little stressed lately and wanted to just go and do something all together so we wouldn't be stressing for a few hours. So we went bowling and it was absolutely hilarious watching how much Maddy loved it. She hated waiting for her turn. But when she got her turn she was eating it up and jumping up and down and whooping it up, even when she missed the pins. We all had fun and it was nice to just think about nothing for a few hours.

Well anyway, I better go. I think I'll add a random picture to the top of this post because I hate a post without a picture.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like things are winding down. I'm so happy for you guys. Things are going so well (watch out!) ;) And it was so great to see you. Luv you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wednesday! That's soon! I'm glad you don't have to pack your home either, that's got to be a relief. I've done many plane rides with the kids and for 3 years old I get stickers. It doesn't take them a long time to use them up, but sometimes you can draw pictures around the stickers and they like them. They're cheap. I also take these opportunities to teach them the important things in life. LIke chewing gum without swallowing :) Buy a pack and don't worry if they swallow the whole thing, it's a game to see who can keep the gum the longest :) Then go to blowing bubbles when they get older... life skills. ok, that's it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED the pictures of Maddy swinging =D The one with the shoes in the front was fun. The post was good, but the pictures were the BEST!!

    ReplyDelete

v