Saturday, May 8, 2010

Early Mother's Day

A few weeks ago I got an early Mother's Day present. Want to see?

(It's kinda hard to see, but it is your requisite positive pregnancy test picture!)

This is how I told John I was pregnant. I bought him a gourmet cupcake from that fancy cupcake shop that NieNie has her own flavor of cupcake named after her. Don't remember who the original baby cupcake is?
That's what we used to call Maddy when she wore fluffy pink dresses like this.

We are over the moon as you might imagine. I'm not very far along, but I figured with the last miscarriage that waiting to tell people in case something happens doesn't really save any heartache for me personally. I'd rather at least have people excited for me for a little while in case something does happen. But I have a feeling this baby is here to stay. I've felt exhausted and a bit nauseous and much more how I felt when I was pregnant with Maddy. Thank goodness I don't have to pack my own house let me tell ya, because I have had to take naps every day for the past week when Maddy has gone down.

And I just want to also add on this post that after losing a baby, and feeling sad when everyone else around me seemed to be having babies or getting pregnant without trouble, I want my friends that are struggling with this right now to know that I love you and pray that you will have your own miracle soon--I really and sincerely do.

And lastly, from the oh-so-scientific due date calculator I found online, our baby should be showing up around January of next year. Best Mother's Day present ever.

12 comments:

  1. WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO. Easy on your life lining up perfectly!! That is so awesome Jenn. I'm so excited for you guys. I'm sad that you're leaving Utah, but I'm just thrilled knowing that good things are happening to good people. One of the best things in the world. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!!!!! Jenn I am so excited for you!!! What a wonderful Mothers day!!! I cant wait to find out what it is and start sewing you wee little baby items!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Heavenly Father definitely knows how to time things and go the extra mile (like you NOT having to pack your whole house by yourself)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful, a sweet little brother or sister for Maddie. She is going to be so thrilled. The Dimmicks are very excited for your move East! Take care of yourself and sleep whenever you can, you are busy creating life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray!! I'm so so happy for you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenn, I am so excited for you. I will keep you in my prayers that all goes well. I am glad things are working out for you so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! That is such great news:) Jenn, I am so happy for you and your family. It is nice to see you having such wonderful blessings finally - you definitely deserve them! I love you and hope that the next few weeks all click into place for you. I know you will have stress, but at least it is good stress. I hope your travels are safe and actually fun! Enjoy this new adventure and I hope you all travel safely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That's so great! I'm so happy for you! I was hoping that this was what you kept alluding to in your other posts. Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another baby blanket to make! YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am so happy for you and John and Maddy.



    Seriously, next time I need a blessing, I'm going to have you ask for me. You must have pretty good reception there in Utah. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! You are due just a couple weeks after my sister Chelsea. :) What happy news.

    (And are those cupcakes really that good, or what?)

    ReplyDelete

v