Monday, May 24, 2010

the house hunt begins

Today went to see houses. It was a pretty eventful trip. I saw a lot of the area we are looking at and learned a lot about Charleston in general. I'm pretty exhausted from the long day but just finished Lost, so I'm still awake.

I think we may have narrowed down the neighborhood that we want to live in, which feels kinda fast to me, but when I was there I had a really good feeling. I'm taking John back tomorrow with the realtor to see the top two contenders so far. It seems a little crazy to think that we may have found our future house on the first day. I kinda hate saying that because it seems to crazy to me, but I guess if it can happen with trying on wedding dresses (I ended up buying the first one I tried on and was told that was pretty common) then it can happen with houses. But I still feel like I want to look around some more just to be safe.

Anyway, this is another lame post. What can I say? I'm kinda lame these days. I've been feeling more nauseous and off these days, so I blame everything on the pregnancy. It's a great excuse to have, and I happen to think it's pretty legitimate as well. Once I get a doctor I will be sure to ask for some anti-nausea pills if I still feel bad by that point. Well that's about it. Any advice for house-hunting?

5 comments:

  1. My advice on househunting--go with how you feel. The Spirit really does direct in such important decisions. I know that has been the case with us each time we moved. Also, have fun! This is a new phase of your lives and all is falling into place, so try and have fun and go with the good calm feeling. One will just feel like home. Sorry about the nausea--I did not like that part but kept telling myself that it meant all was probably going well with the baby and it did help me feel like such a good mother to be sacrificing so much for that new little person. How did Maddie do on the househunting trip? Wish I was closer to help out. My neighbor is moving to Park hill or Pleasant something. The east side of Charleston, just over the bridge from the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard the same thing, that generally how you feel is a great indicator to buy. Dave and I were torn between two houses, and then we wrote a pro/con list for each. Once it was on paper it was totally obvious. Sorry you feel so bad, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck Jenn! sorry about the sickness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting! I've loved reading your last posts and getting caught up with what you're up to. I'm hoping you'll post pictures of the contending homes :)

    ReplyDelete

v